7 Features of the Micromax Canvas 2
Smartphone manufacturers are plentiful in the world market. But do name brand phones in one country do well in others? Micromax is a smartphone manufacturer that holds a good grip on the market – in India. What sets these devices separate from the likes of the iPhone or the providers of Android-based smartphones?
1. Price - The purchase price of the Micromax Canvas 2 Superphone is a third of the price of a Samsung Galaxy and close to five times cheaper than the iPhone 5. Those who can’t afford extravagance will purchase practicality.
2. CPU – The Micromax Canvas 2 is loaded with a 1 GHz dual-core processor backed by 512MB of memory. This is more than enough power to operate many features loaded in Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich.
3. Camera – While only supporting a 0.3MP front facing camera good for conference calls, the rear camera produces a whopping 8.0MP camera perfect for HD recording. The LED and auto-flash capabilities put the back-facing camera up to par versus the big-name competition.
4. Connectivity – The Canvas 2 supports the ability to connect to 3G networks as well as WiFi. This provides great Internet browsing whether you’re connected to a phone network or not. With Bluetooth 3.0 and a micro-USB 2.0 port, the Canvas 2 is able to connect to a variety of devices and computers.
5. Display – As iPhone users marvel over the effectiveness of the 4-inch display, the Canvas 2 promotes a 5″ IPS LCD capacitive screen. The resolution of 800×480 dpi gives this phone enough power to manage a wide variety of playback and Internet browsing visuals.
6. Expansion – Regardless of 4GB storage capacities built into the phone, the Micromax Canvas 2 supports SD card capabilities which expand the capacity by an additional 32GB. As apps and files can be relatively small for Android devices, 4GB with the additional 32GB is more than enough to keep the average user from filling up too soon.
7. Battery – The 2,000 mAh battery of the Canvas 2 can provide 5 hours of straight talk time and 180 hours of standby. However, the iPhone 5 can reach nearly 1.5 times the length of these numbers. Again, this is also at five times the price tag.
Although the Micromax Canvas 2 smartphone lacks in power compared to the iPhone and Android style of communication, what it does wield is useful. Micromax must be doing something right if they can hold a market and compete against a giant such as Apple. Here’s to good luck and the marketing prowess of this underdog.
Allison once she graduated from college, as it allowed her to combine her two passions: writing and children. She has enjoyed furthering her writing career with www.nannyclassifieds.com . She can be in touch through e-mail allisonDOTnannyclassifiedsATgmail rest you know.