Sydney, Australia is generally a dynamic and modern city blessed with a perfect location on a spectacular harbor, well planned infrastructure and natural beauty. It is also easy for one to get around Sydney on public transport. Sydney is one of the well-known cities in the whole of Australia. The multicultural city offers museums, beaches, historical areas and many more. Sydney is popular for many things like the Opera House, the Harbour Bridge, the 2000 Olympics, great fun and great food. If you plan to take a family vacation to Sydney, there are various family friendly activities which your family will enjoy.
When planning your family vacation, first you need to know which period of the year that you will travel to Sydney, Australia as temperature variances usually takes place throughout the country.
1. An excellent starting-off point for any place you need to visit in Sydney is the Circular Quay. Whether it is a bus trip or a walking trip across town, then the Quay is the place you will begin. Both Sydney Opera House and The Rocks are just a walking distance from the Quay.
2. Visit Taronga Zoo by taking a ferry crossing the harbor to this amazing historic zoological park. While in the zoo, you can take a cable car towards the hill top in order to have an aerial view of the entire park including the Opera House and the harbor. The zoo is a habitat to more than 2500 animals of more than 300 different species as well as big enclosures of animals in Australia such as Emus, Brush Tailed Bettongs, Koalas and Kangaroos.
There are also ample picnic facilities and restaurant facilities on site. Throughout the day, the zoo runs many exciting sessions including feeding giraffes and guests can have their photos taken while hand feeding the giraffes of the zoo. However, a small contribution is needed for one to get involved in these activities.
3. Ride at Luna Park. Situated near Sydney Harbor Bridge northern end, Luna Park is generally a function built entertainment zone housing dozens of side shows, rides as well as fun activities for children. At Luna Park, you can choose to either buy classic tickets for rides or you can buy single tickets for rides. The park opens on weekdays at 11am and on weekends at 10am but the closing time varies throughout the year.
4. Visit the Sydney Aquarium where children will love various interactive touch pools present at the aquarium and they can encounter safely various marine species of Australia. Situated on Darling Harbour, the aquarium is a home to more than 12, 000 animals including large sharks, crocodiles, rays, fairy penguins and platypus. The aquarium is usually open daily from 9am-10pm and shark feedings takes place on Sunday morning.
5. Give your children a bird’s eye view from the Sydney Tower. Observing the Sydney Tower otherwise known as Centre Point Tower offers visitors a complete 360 degree view from 820 feet upwards across Sydney. On a very clear day, you will have a chance to see starting from the mountains up to the beaches as well as across the harbor.
Just Rent a car in Sydney and enjoy everything this city has to offer. 🙂
Latest posts by sanjeeb panda (see all)
- How To Spy on Your SEO Competitors and Gain More Traffic ? - November 17, 2015
- Five Financial Traps All Businesses Must Avoid - June 20, 2015
- List of Documents For Getting Home Loans Approved - February 22, 2015